LACTATION CONSULTANT IN STAFFORD, TEXAS
Breastfeeding can be challenging, especially in the early days.
But remember that you are not alone. Lactation consultants can help you find ways to make breastfeeding work for you and your baby. Learning to breastfeed correctly, and giving your baby the right nourishment takes time, patience and requires professional support. We want mothers to know that we can help you!
Our breastfeeding lactation experts can guide you from the comfort of your own home, and help you feel more confident and reassured. Book your appointment today & allow us to help you through all the issues mentioned below.
We provide support for the following breastfeeding issues:
- Correct Latching Techniques and Breastfeeding Positions
- Increasing Breastmilk Supply using proper Nutrition and Home-based Techniques
- Treating Clogged Milk Ducts; Cracked, Bleeding and Sore Nipples
- Managing Engorged Breasts, Mastitis, and Inverted Nipples
- Breastfeeding after a C-section
- Sore Nipples or Painful Breastfeeding
- Tongue Tie Evaluation
- Weight Gain for a Breastfeeding Baby, Breastfeeding a Preterm Baby
- Transitioning from Bottle Feeding to Breastfeeding
- Baby falling asleep while Breastfeeding
- Burping, Colic, Inconsolable Crying, Fussy Baby
- Pumping and Storage of Breastmilk
- Preparing for Breastfeeding before your baby is born
- Return back to work visit
5 reasons to choose us?
- Simply Lactation provides personalized breastfeeding support in the comfort of your home.
- Safiya Hafizi, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) with a background in nursing, aids women in successfully navigating breastfeeding struggles.
- Benefit from Simply Lactation’s flexible scheduling to receive a thorough examination without any inconveniences.
- We strive to create a positive breastfeeding experience.
- Creating strong bonds with Mothers is fundamental to our values of empathy, compassion, and competence.
Breastfeeding Problems + Solutions?
- Despite how hard it may be, know that you are not alone.
- We help you to receive the best care possible through prenatal education, home visit, telephone consultation, detailed assessments, and frequent follow-ups
- Our care extends beyond practical support; we are committed to supporting you emotionally too
Who can benefit?
- Any mother with breastfeeding issues.
- Sore or painful breasts can be relieved, milk flow can be restored, and breastfeeding positions can be corrected.
- We advise you on how to prepare your schedule for breastfeeding, and how to return to work after maternity leave.
What kind of breastfeeding support do u offer?
- Personalized lactation education and early preparation can help to ensure your breastfeeding success.
- As a means of providing you with the best of services, we offer phone consultations, virtual consultations and home visits.
- We also offer in-depth Prenatal Consulting, an Initial Lactation Consultation, a Follow-Up Lactation Consultation, and Return to Work Consultations.
- Our services are only available by appointment.
- In the southwest and northwest Houston area, we offer home visit appointments at over twelve locations.
- Due to the fact that every appointment is scheduled according to your convenience, we are sensitive to your needs, special circumstances, and safety when it comes to Covid-19.
This is a great opportunity to learn about what to expect after you deliver your baby. This fun session includes, but is not limited to, understanding the first 2 weeks of a newborns eating patterns, the initial colostrum-milk pattern, practicing to latch and position a baby with a breastfeeding doll, information on the benefits of breastfeeding and skin to skin contact, and clearing up doubts and/or answering any questions you may have.
Visit Duration: 60 minutes
Initial Lactation Home Visit
- Lactation home visit will include an in-depth assessment of the mother and baby’s health history and delivery. Evaluation of the baby’s sucking, muscle tone, and tongue motility.
- Assisting and observing a complete feed with deep latch and comfortable position.
- Weighing the baby before and after a feed to get an estimate of the milk intake.
- A personalized plan of care to suit you and your baby’s needs. Referrals and recommendations made when necessary.
Visit Duration: 60-90 minutes
Follow-Up Lactation Home Visit
A follow-up visit to re-evaluate the plan discussed if the mother-baby are continuing to face problems or hurdles.
Visit Duration: 45 – 60 minutes
Return to Work Visit
One of the major transitions for a breastfeeding mother is to return back to work. This includes understanding the pumping regimen, discussing the collecting and storage of breast milk, and answering any of your questions and concerns. Not only is this a major transition for the mother but also the baby. Thus, this session includes, but is not limited to, introducing bottles to the baby before the mother begins working and creating a smooth shift to feeding from breast and bottles.
Visit Duration: 45 minutes
Free Telephone Consultation with a Certified Lactation Consultant (up to 30 minutes). Charges will be incurred after 30 minutes. This does not include a telephone inquiry. Please call for any questions about our services.
Other consultation topics not included above are also available on a per hour basis
For Example – Weaning your newborn, baby’s tongue tie assessment, referrals, and so forth.
- Complete Lactation Package
Includes a prenatal class, after birth initial feed assist visit, and a follow-up visit after 2 weeks.
- Group Prenatal Class
Gather your pregnant friends and family for a group prenatal class at a discounted price. Call us for pricing information. Price varies based on the number of expecting mothers.
Every day from 8am to 7pm
Including weekends and holidays